Created in June 2009, St Barth Essentiel values the idea that culture, traditions and environment constitute a unique and precious legacy for future generations.
Its purpose is “the protection of the historical, cultural, heritage and environmental interests of the island of Saint-Barthélemy and its living environment”.
Its range of action thus covers two poles of activity:
- The preservation of St Barthélemy’s cultural and historical heritage
- The protection of the terrestrial and marine environment of Saint-Barthélemy
To this end, the association aims to:
- Contribute to the discovery, protection, preservation and enhancement of the historical, cultural, architectural and natural heritage of the island of Saint Barthélemy
- Study, defend and save the environment, ecosystems, natural habitats, animal and plant species, biodiversity and biological balances, water, air, soil, landscapes.
- Fight against pollution, nuisances, health and technological risks
- Act in favor of a harmonious and balanced development and urbanism,
- Take any legal action regarding the protection of nature, the respect of laws and regulations and their adaptation to the changing needs of the community of Saint-Barthélemy,
The association is managed by a board elected by the association general assembly. Its composition is as follows:
Hélène Bernier, President
Nathalie Chenot, Treasurer
Nancy Marty, Secretary